Monday 9 September 2013

Pet Battle Addons - Warcraft Pet Foundry Carnival

Thanks to Rez for organising another carnival I just have to join in with! The very first Warcraft Pet Foundry Blogging Carnival topic is Pet Battle Addons. Now I'm still very much a newbie when it comes to pet battles & at the last count, I have only 2 pet battle addons. I have however, just read Rez's post for the carnival & I have a feeling I may have a few more addons to manage once this carnival goes live! lol

I initially downloaded PetBattleMaster and I still use it all the time. It tells me which pets I haven't collected yet & how many of each I have already. When I enter a battle in the wild, it colors the border around the enemy pets so I know if one of them is rare quality. It gives me a little summary box of all 6 pets although I still don't recognise most of the icons instantly!

Here's the description from Curse
  • Team view with quick selector and portraits of your mighty teams
  • Team manager docked to the pet journal showing all pets of all your teams
  • Tabbed view with details about the pets in a duel
  • Colored border according to the rarity of a pet
  • Information about the damage modifiers of the pets
  • Notifies to catch a pet, if it's missing in the player's journal
  • Notifies to catch a pet, if it's quality is higher
  • Tooltip information whether a pet is missing (incl. Minimap)
  • Many other features following 

The second addon I have is courtesy of Rez again! He spent so much time talking about pet breed ID's that I knew nothing about, I had to go with his suggestion for the Battle Pet Breed ID add-on. I'm still learning which breeds are best in what form but once I know what I'm looking for or at, it has come in very useful - especially at the Auction House! When I'm buying pets and there is more than 1 for sale, I can buy the one with the best breed rather than just buying the cheapest & hoping!

I think once I get all the Tamers finished and start doing some PvP then I'll need Pet Battle Teams too! At the moment, I only have 3 level 25's so they are usually on duty to help boost my lowbies. I've been focusing on getting my gold machine ready for patch 5.4 though so none of them have had much use lately. But Pet Battles and all those lovely achievements to work towards are on my latest big To Do List so once the patch chaos dies down, I'll be settling down to some serious battling!


****************

Check out some of my Squidoo lenses!

3 comments:

  1. Great post, thanks Nev (and Rez!)

    I've heard lots of people talk about Pet ID's, warcraftpets.com goes over them too but I've never been able to work out how you find them out unless I log out, refresh warcraftpets.com and look for it on there, which is obviously a pain in the arse so the Breed ID addon is fab, especially if the loose talk of breeding coming into play in the future comes alive.

    When a boy pet loves a girl pet..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bad that I love looking at that pic Nev? It's distracting me from your post!

    ReplyDelete