Wednesday 14 May 2014

One Minute Gaming #10 - Diner Match


This week I've been playing a game called Diner Match, created by an old acquaintance from my photography days. It's a fairly basic, easy to understand game but don't be fooled by the simplicity.

All you have to do is deliver the food to the correct plates and pick up tips as they arrive. The food arrives across the middle of the screen and there is one plate in each corner - simply flick the fresh food to the correct plate.

Sounds so easy, doesn't it?

Well, the first 30 seconds or so are easy but it gets faster and faster until your hand just cannot keep up with your brain! You also get a bonus for delivering 3 of the same in a row but make the most of the slower levels for that - once it gets faster, you won't have time to worry about bonuses!

You do get 3 lives - you lose one for each incorrect delivery or if you don't manage to deliver an item. They disappear fast once you lose your rhythm though!

Yes, it is a pretty basic game but like so many other basic games, it gets you with the adrenaline rush - I'm trying to keep up and so focused that when I lose a game, I sometimes find myself out of breath. It seems I hold my breath whilst concentrating that hard!

Anyway, for simple and addictive gameplay, I give Diner Match an 8 out of 10.

My top score is about 300 at the moment - see if you can beat me!

If you have a game you'd like to suggest, you can contact me on Twitter @NevAHAddict or leave a comment below.

Until next time, have fun!


****************

Check out my latest project
Gifts for Gamers and Geeks

No comments:

Post a Comment