Wednesday 23 July 2014

One Minute Gaming #18 - Megapolis

Megapolis
This week, I've been playing Megapolis - a city building, resource management game very much like the old Sim City game I had on my Amiga 1200 years ago!

You start off with some basic buildings and resources available and lots of coins to spend but don't get too carried away! The other currency in game is the megabuck - you do earn some of these each time you level but you can also buy them with real money and as so many game developers do these days, it's the megabucks needed to buy the really cool stuff.

It took me a while to even scroll around the map out of curiosity - I'm so used to the limited play space on some games but this map is huge! The roads to the airport, baseball stadium and loads of other buildings are already in place so there is some structure already laid out for you but I don't think that will restrict your creativity too much!

With over 500 different building in the Infrastructure category and 200 in the residential buildings category, there's definitely stuff here for everyone! If you liked Sim City, I'm guessing this game might just fill a gap on your phone or ipad and even better, Megapolis is available for Android too!

I'm going to give this game a 9 out of 10 - it's already sucked me in!

If you have a game you'd like to suggest, you can contact me on Twitter @NevAHAddict or leave a comment below.

Until next time - have fun!



****************
Check out my latest project
Gifts for Gamers and Geeks

1 comment: