Monday 16 February 2015

One Minute Gaming #40 - Mini Warriors


This week, I've been playing a game called Mini Warriors which you may have heard Cold talking about. Well, I finally caved in and gave it a try & I'm sad to say he was right & I'm hooked!

You control a number of different army squads, from cavalry & mages to pikemen and infantry and you have to beat your opponent in short skirmishes. You start with 120 energy and you get one free refill each day. It does rebuild over time - I think it's one energy every five minutes so I use mine up before I sleep then it's full again in the morning.

Each squad has different strengths so before each battle, you can change the deployment of your troops. Each time you win a battle, you gain xp, gold and sometimes you get armor or materials. You can strengthen your units with the armor and the materials are used to upgrade special abilities or squad size.

Once each day, you can visit the tavern to recruit new squad leaders. There are 4 grades so I only recruit the blue or purple guys although I've been playing for a couple of weeks now & I only have 2 purple squad leaders!

It's a great little game and even though you can buy crystals with real money, you really don't need to at all. The free energy lasts a while and to be honest, it's not a game you would play for hours at a time. I think they have it fairly well balanced.

I'd give Mini Warriors a 9 out of 10 and I'll be keeping this one installed for sure.

If you have a game you'd like me to try, you can contact me on Twitter @NevAHAddict or leave a comment below.

So until next time, have fun!




****************

Check out my latest project!
Gifts for Gamers and Geeks



1 comment:

  1. Just hit 97 and the attack power of my army is around 130k+!

    I like that you can do so much without having to ever spend any money. 120 energy and another 120 refill every day is just great, I never feel like I need to spend cash. And the devs are constantly giving away free crystals with the emails in game. I really wonder how they make any money with this game!?!

    High recommend Mini Warriors, especially for people like me that ride the train or bus to work and have extra time to kill.

    ReplyDelete