Friday 7 August 2015

Yet Another Last Minute, Late Night Post!


Blaugust Day 7 - Time to Get Organised!

These blogging challenges are a great way to get into the habit of writing every day but I'm struggling to get everything done that I want to do anyway so I've kind of added yet another item to my to-do list.

I think I've had a little breakthrough though - I just realised I can't just sit down and write a few paragraphs about any old thing just to fulfill the Blaugust challenge. It's no fun for me and I'd guess it's a waste of time for anyone who pops in for a quick read. I need a plan!

When I did the A-Z Challenge last year, I had a lot less stuff on my plate so I sat down and used the Google calendar to jot down ideas for the days. I'm pretty bad at brainstorming alone though so a concentrated 'let's plan this' is not the best way forward for me. I'm more of a 'random thought at odd times' kind of girl so I've put a small notebook and pen in my handbag. That way, I can jot down my ideas when I'm at work at least.

I tried the 500 words a day challenge back in May too but I didn't time that very well. I was in St Louis for two of the weeks of the challenge and was hopeful of getting a post done whilst Cold was at work but it proved, yet again, that my planning skills suck!

So tomorrow, I'm going to sit down and try to plan some Blaugust posts. Even if I leave gaps in the calendar, it will give me something to work towards and maybe this time, I'll actually finish one of these challenges!

How do you organise yourself for blogging challenges? Do you just wing it or do you plan it out? Any suggestions?


****************

Check out my other projects
Gifts for Gamers and Geeks

and my Kindle Book
Improve Your Flower Photography 

****************



No comments:

Post a Comment